Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today's the day. We get to honor those wonderful thankless women we call Mom. So I'm going to do that for all to see what a blessing my Mom is.
My mom hums when she works. Now I believe that even though I would grumble at the task she is doing, she on the the other hand does it with a cheerful heart. I hope I catch that. I still have my glove on looking into the sun to find it but it hasn't fallen on me yet. :)
My Mom is LOVE. It pours from her like a gentle moving stream. Always in motion but never over powering.
My is JOY. She has a laugh that makes her the most adorable creature. The way her eyes dance when shes going to be silly. Darling.
My Mom has PEACE. That's why I believe she can hum at the world. Her inner core is at peace with herself and the Lord.
My Mom is PATIENCE. Whether it is with her kids, her grand kids, her husband, or someone else's kids she is always patient.
My Mom is KINDNESS. She is the kind of woman who thinks of others first and in doing so she see our needs and meets them. Its a beautiful thing to watch, see and be a recipient of.
My Mom is GOODNESS. Always willing to get up and get anyone something. (while humming) She will work extra or harder just to make someone else's load less.
My Mom is FAITHFUL. In all my life I'm still waiting for the day she drops a ball. She is amazing with all the things she does and she never lets any of them fall.
MY Mom is GENTLENESS. Soft as a feather yet strong as an ox. That is my Mom. She can take a bandage off without pain and she can listen and always have a soft, honest, dead on right answer.
MY Mom is SELF-CONTROL. She never looses her cool. I lived with her in my teenage years, and I wasn't easy. Yet she was always controlled and full of wisdom.
So this wonderful woman I get to call Mom you get to call Sharon is a true Blessing. My life is so rich to have grown up under her care and now in friendship and love as two woman who love each other and love our families and mostly love the Lord. The love of Christ is the best treasure my mom has bestowed on me. Thanks Mom for being amazing and loving me. I pray I do as good of job. I love you very much. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment