Monday, August 8, 2011

Hiding God's Word

So as the school year starts for my children, this week, yikes. I've as a mom decided that their teachers can teach them all sorts of things that will benefit them but I'm gonna jump on board and teach them what REALLY matters. I'm gonna teach them the discipline of memorizing. Hiding God's word in their heart.

This week we as a family are going to memorize

Deuteronomy 20:1
When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than your, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, will be with you.

I know it feels like a weird verse to have our family memorize the 1st week of school but hears what I get from this verse.

The war now days might not be physical but lets face it. Everything wants my children, music, cults, sports. you name it and it wants to steal my children's love for God and put other things in front of Him. that's a war.

Also the things our head tells us is also a war. We or I tell myself lies all the time. your worthless, incapable, fat. You name it so its a war in there too.

And our enemy never shows up alone, cause hes a coward. He brings friends to trip us up.

BUT because My Savior has brought us all out of our own desert places we can be confident that HE is with us. And we don't need to fear because our enemy is on a leash held by the Lord.

 So that's why this mom chose that verse. I want to give my children the arsenal of God word to battle any attack they may face.

No comments:

Post a Comment