Thursday, March 31, 2011

Paying attention

So today on my run (and I use that word lightly) I heard a song by Carrie Underwood called "Just a dream." Its about a fallen soldier's funeral. I found myself praying for a woman I've never met. Her husband served our county and also was in law enforcement when he lost his life in the line of duty. The reason I know her story is she is a good friend of a kindred sister to me. Isn't it interesting the way the body of Christ works. When we pay attention God can bring about a song, thought, book, movie anything really and lead us to pray for someone. I want to be that girl that pays attention. I want to pray for people in their victories, saddest time and everywhere in between. I believe I am and you are blessed when we carry our sisters in Christ. Yes it cost us something... sometimes tears and heart ache but sometimes a great big Woohoo!!1 Paying attention!!!! that's all it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment