Monday, April 4, 2011

Being REAL

So today God slowed me down on my walk/run. I'm getting older and today my knees said, "No Thank You" to running. So I walked. I was listening to a CD I haven't listened to before and a song came on that totally challenged me called Want to be Real. its by Chris August. He says, "I'm throwing out words I don't fully understand, I could be talking to myself but I don't think I am, Your always there saving my heart from the doubt inside." WOW!!! For me it made me stop and thank God for protecting me, mostly from myself. See I do doubt, I have a lot of fear, and I question everything. I realized this morning that my insecurity, doubt, fear, etc. live in my head, NOT in my heart. My heart belongs to Jesus and therefore none of this world's or Satan's lies can live there. And for some reason that made me feel better. I FINALLY feel like I can battle this. Its not in my heart, my most important organ and most precious gift. Its not there. So i just need to get control of my thoughts. Easy sentence to type BIG concept to figure out. But todays the day. We can... do this ladys. Why is it easier to pretend than to be real? why do we feel safer hidden behind our masks? Its fake girls. FAKE!!! I know it feels like protection but thats a lie we've bought. Our friends cant be praying for us and holding us up if they dont know what we need cause we are faking. So my challenge for you is to drop your mask! whatever it is.. husband, children, business, fear, make up. If your not sure what it is ask God to reveal it. He will! Hes not a God of secrets but He is patient and He'll wait on us. So lets make Him busy today cleaning up all our droped masks. Lets be real and see what He can do with us and lets invite our circle of family and friends into our journey. Its gonna be an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment