Friday, July 2, 2010

differences between Maine and Arizona

So here I am visiting Maine and I've noticed a few things. Which if you know me, that probably won't surprise you.:) So we arrived in Rhode Island last night at 11:40 and decided to drive the 4 hour trek to Maine immediately. Now we drove through 3 states before we entered Maine. So thats 4 states in 4 hours. Now in AZ I never worry about hitting animals except for ground hogs and birds. But here on this trip I was on look out for moose and deer. The day before 5 cars all hit the same moose. Luckily only the moose was hurt, well dead actually. So its a big deal over here.
Another difference is that when I left AZ it was 108 degrees and it was early in the day. Here in ME the high today was lower that the low in AZ. I went from tank tops and shorts to a sweater and jeans. Big difference.
Also the water in Az this time of year is NEVER cold.The cold spicket only gets luke warm. Yuck. I like brushing my teeth with cold water. Here in ME the cold water is so cold i felt like I got frost bite washing my hands.
So here's the deal... I see God in everything so why would this be different? He created the earth and everything in it, soooo He ment for places to look and feel different. He got to be creative and He likes hot and cold, small and big, green and brown. (Maine= green Arizona= brown.) And thats why we are all different, He likes variety. So I need to stop wishing I would have a growth spurt in my 30s cause He likes me short. He's not wanting me or you to be like anyone but who He made us. In that I feel chosen and special, and those are hard things for me to feel. But hard or not I'm gonna just feel them and sit still in them. I have a feeling God is gonna teach me a lot this week so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment